Tuesday 20 June 2017

Exploring- New Brighton Edition

Hello Lovlies! 
Long time no see! Im apologise for the lack of blog posts, between university, working and going on holiday the last few months have been rather stressful/busy! But I am excited to start blogging again and really getting back into the swing of things.  

So for the past week I have had one of my best friends Courtney staying with me from America, I actually met Courtney whilst I was working in Typhoon Lagoon last year. I have recently returned from staying with her in Florida for two weeks (related posts to come!). Whilst she was here I felt as though it was my job to show her around the beauties of the Wirral & Liverpool, starting with the seaside town of New Brighton!. 

New Brighton is only about 20 minutes away from my house but it is somewhere I rarely go although I forgot about peaceful and beautiful it is on sunny day. We were extremely lucky with the weather, like we were for the whole week actually! We parked up and started by walking down the beach, it was lovely taking in the fresh air and looking over at the Liverpool skyline.
Courtney has actually also created a blog, where she has documented her adventures in the UK, click here to check it out. 
 
I would highly recommend bringing the whole family to New Brighton as there is something for everyone from shops, arcades, funfairs, restaurants & bars to mini golf, cinema & theatres and bowling. I loved seeing the pirate ship which was on the beach, it was so cute to see children (myself and Courtney included) pretending to be pirates, this is is definitely a spot where kids could spend hours using their imaginations.
 So Courtney had actually complied a list of dishes she wanted to try whilst she was in the UK and of course traditional British Fish & Chips was high on the list. One of my friends had told me Harry Ramadan do great Fish & Chips so we got a takeaway with mushy peas on course and sat my the water watching the swans & seagulls. Safe to say Courtney was very impressed and we were both very full but wanted to make room for ice cream so we went on another for another wander around the seafront. 

After doing a bit of research I found that the best place for ice cream was the award winning 'Caffe Cream' and the reviews did not lie. They had a great variety of tradition and some more adventurous flavours! I went for the Oreo option and Courtney went for chocolate and of course we had to add on a chocolate flake! It was so nice to sit outside with an ice cream as it is something we rarely get to do with the weather being typically unpredictable. 

If you find yourself in the Wirral area I would highly recommend popping down to the seafront, it actually looks so different then it did when I was a child as it has had massive reinventions over the years and it is the perfect destination front day to evening.

Thanks for reading! 
Please follow for my exciting new posts! 

Lots Of Love 
Holly 
Xx

'You can't cross the sea merely by
 standing and staring at the water.'
-Rabindranath Tagore




1 comment:

  1. Awh looks like you both had a lovely time! I love having Harry Ramadam's chips by the seafront, it's a must! xo

    Hanney | www.blogabouthanney.com

    ReplyDelete