Thursday 5 January 2017

Reflecting Back On My Year: 2016

Hello There! 
Can you believe 2016 has come to an end! What a year it has been for the world and i think for a lot of people it has been a year of ups and downs!And this has been the exact same for me, 2016 has defiantly been a year that has challenged me in many ways, it has been a year of changes for me ! But like all negative situations i try my best to reflect from them and learn to move forward. 

So what did i get up to in 2016?
 Well i finished my 2nd year of university and started my final year! I'm not going to lie it has been very challenging but somehow i am getting through it and only have a couple more months to go. I was also very lucky to secure a place on a PDGE course next year so i am that step forward to becoming a professional dance teacher. I think i may actually do some more post about university and my dissertation subject. My dancing had taken quite a few knocks in 2016 due to me injuring my back which meant for a good few proportion of the year i was unable to dance to my full potential, i am currently having physio and am feeling a lot better, so fingers crossed things keep getting better. 

If you have read my blog before you will know that one of my biggest achievements of the year was achieving a place on the Disney International Exchange Programme, this was honestly the most amazing experience of my life!. I was giving the opportunity to meet some amazing people and make some lifelong friendships with people from all around the world. This had to be the absolute highlight  of my year and it is an experience i will never forget. 

Another highlight of the year has to be the traveling i did after the programme, every year i tell myself i want to do more traveling and see the world and this was the year i actually did that! During the programme myself and my friend Lauren decided we were going to book our own little adventure after the programme! We knew we had two weeks and we had a list of places we wanted to visit and it all started from there. 
We started off in LA , of course visiting Disney Land! Then we went to San Franisco then moving onto New York City! I absolutely loved seeing all these new and wonderful places and it defiantly gave me the 'Travel-Bug'.


I would definitely say that my confidence has definitely taken a few knows this year and there has been a few times were i have just wanted to shut myself away from the world and take some time for myself. If anything this has done me some good, i realised that i needed to start doing more of what makes me happy and taking the time to look after myself. I found that this year a lot of the time i was feeling very stressed and anxious about different situations and found that i wasn't really looking after my health and was focusing more on others. 

Honestly i cant thank my friends and family enough for being there for me this year when i needed them! One of my favourite moments of the year has to be when i surprised them by coming home from America earlier than i told them! Seeing their reaction was priceless and i wish i could relive that moment, i was very surprised i managed to keep it from my family and my friends. 

This year i was also involved in a music video that will actually be on tv in two weeks! I Would really love to do more music videos in the future and I'm very excited to see what the final video!.
Everything that i learnt in 2016 i will be taking forward into 2017 and any mistakes i made or arguments i had will be erased and I will try and have a more positive outlook on life.


So thats my round up of 2016! 
What was your highlight of last year?
Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading! 

Lots Of Love 
Holly 
Xx

'Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.'
- Victor Kiam


No comments:

Post a Comment