Friday 8 January 2016

Reflecting Back On - 2015



Hello there lovelies!
So today i thought in todays post i would reflect back 2015 and share with you some of the highlights, lessons i learnt and whether i met my new years resolutions 2015 ?? So grab a hot chocolate and enjoy! 

New Years Resolutions! 
Now every year we set ourselves little goals for the year which usually make it till February (in my case anyway), so last January i was determined to set myself a few resolutions that i want set myself for the year that were both challenging and achievable. 

Raising Money for Charity- One my biggest goals for 2015 was to do more for charity, i have always done quite a lot of charity work in the past but since starting university i found that i wasn't as committed as i had been in the past but the passion was still there so i knew i had to plan something for 2015. I wanted to do something completely off my own back and be as independent as possible and am i glad i did because i don't think i have ever been so proud of myself because of the final outcome. I decided that i was going to organise a charity night so once i had the idea my head starting filling with idea i was emailing different charities and business's to get the ball rolling. I knew i wanted to make it as fun as possible which is where i came up with the fancy dress idea, i ended up going as Alice In Wonderland but there were some pretty cool and inventive costumes. 

At the end of the night with ticket sales, donations and raffle tickets i ended up raising just over £1000! I had chosen to split the money between two different charities that are very close to my heart as well as to my friends and family's. These two charities were Claire House Children's Hospice which is an amazing hospice that looks after terminally ill children and once looked after one of my dear friends and the second charity being Macmillian Cancer Support, i have lost too many loved ones to Cancer so i couldn't think of two better charities, both of which rely heavily of donations. I think i may write a post going into more in depth information about the actual organising of the event so let me know if you are interested in hearing more about how to put a charity night together.
                            
                   

Falling In Love
This was probably the most unxpected part of the year, at the beginning on the year i met a lovely young man and straight away we hit it off we straight away we came best friends very quickly. I had never had a boyfriend or had anyone really take interest in me so i was very nervous to rush into anything, so we got to know each other and become very close friends and we finally made it office in summer. This has got to be the highlight of my year as i didn't think it was possible to feel this way towards someone (cheesy i know), but my advice to someone who hasn't found their special someone yet all i could say is never lose hope and they will find you when your least expect it.

'Dreams Come True'
So if you have read my previous blog post you will know that in 2015 i applied to work in Disney World Florida in Summer 2016, which meant i had to travel down to Essex and then London for numerous interviews. Just before Christmas i got the amazing news that i was accepted onto the programme!! it was the best Christmas present i could ask for and I am extremely excited to see what wonders Disney holds for me this year!. 

Living in the moment 
I tried my very best to make 2015 a year to remember and make the most out of every day which meant spending as much time with my friends and family as possible. I got to visit the beautiful Cyprus once again, go Ladies Day races in Chester, watch Les Miserables in the West End as well making the most out of my time in university and enjoying the experience as much as i can even if it wasn't always the most enjoyable experience during deadlines.  

Believing In Me!
Last year i could see a massive difference in myself and i starting believing in myself a lot more even if a did doubt myself more than once, whether this was because i now had someone there for me and who always believed in me but either way i would love to continue to keep believing in my abilities so that i can achieve anything i set my mind too. 

So did you achieve your New Years resolutions in 2015?
And what are your new set of goals for this year?
I hope it is a Happy & Healthy 2016 for you all,
Please let me know as I'm still trying to think of my goals for this coming year!

Thanks for reading lovelies 
and please come back again soon
<3 
Lots Of Love 
Holly 
Xx

'Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice'
-Unknown 



No comments:

Post a Comment